July 26, 2010

Pink in the Park...

Last week, we went to a Round Rock Express game and took Brynlee and her friend. Note to self, do not spend money on good seats for 2 little kids that looks straight across the field to the kids area full of a playscape, rock climbing, and bounce house. We sat in our seats all of about 5 minutes! Instead, we made our way to the kids area and let them play and run wild on the grassy lawn. They had so much fun!




What made it even more fun was that it was for a good cause. It was PINK IN THE PARK night! A portion of our ticket sales benefited the Austin Affiliate of Susan G. Komen. So, we sported our pink duds and headed out to the ballpark!




This might be a good time to mention that I AM walking 60 miles in November as part of the Komen 3 day and I am REALLY REALLY excited. I have several long time friends who are committing to join me in my walk. Yes, it's TOTALLY outside of my comfort zone--tents, porta potties, no electricity...but hey, breast cancer wasn't exactly in my comfort zone either...and shouldn't be in anyone elses! Want to support me in my walk, then please click HERE. Every little bit counts!




Pretty perfect to get a pink sunset on this night!








No comments: