June 30, 2010

Well hello again blog. It has been quite sometime. Almost a year to be exact. Whew.

Alot has changed since my last blog post. I wrote my last blog post exactly 11 days before I was diagnosed with breast cancer. As you can tell from the tone of my post, I had no worries about the lump that was removed from my breast. I didn't even share it on my blog that I had undergone surgery to have it removed. Little did I know how my world would change over the next almost year.

In the past year, I have...fought for my life, watched as my Dad fought for his, had the best year of my career yet, seen old friends go and new friends come, watched as my husband unselfishly took on the role of caregiver for not only my daughter-but my Dad and me, grown closer to my brothers and mother, grown closer to Jesus Christ and learned a little more about Heaven, and hugged my little girl tighter every night.

It's been a journey. A long journey. A tiring journey. A journey I hope to share with others so that they can have H.O.P.E.

"Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to those who seek Him." Lamentations 3:25

So, the long and short of it is...I'm back. I have alot to share, and want to continue to keep everyone updated with our family. I don't know a better way to end this post other than that: I'm grateful.

5 comments:

Melisa Dettbarn said...

wow! awesome to hear about your blog and can't wait to read. Our family blog is: www.sixsmallhands.com and my best friend's is: www.doublethegiggles.blogspot.com

They are both about journeys also and mostly about parenting and all the stuff that comes along with that.

Happy blogging!
Melisa (Brian's sister)

Adam and Julia said...

Hay Natalie! I am glad you are getting back to blogging. Yes, i see what you are up to everyday in facebook, but this is sometimes more..personal I guess. I am so glad things are looking sunny for you. We should all catch up next time we are in Waco. I don't know if you are aware, but Adam and I have a blog too. www.therrell.blogspot.com. Talk to you soon. Julia

aidkaid19 said...

im so glad you are starting blogging again <3

Catherine said...

Glad to see you back, Natalie. :)

Kimberly Jordan Walker & Sophie said...

Hey Nat...so glad you are back to blogging!!! Can't wait to hear the latest and greatest about the other "Forever Young" clan :). I think I have sent you our blog link...kimberlyevansyoung.blogspot.com. Keep us posted on how you're feeling and what Miss Brynlee's up to!!!