September 29, 2008

Slow start to a strong finish!



I set the alarm for 4:49 am to make it to the gym by 5:15...don't be impressed yet. I had to drag myself out of bed at 7:45 am. I have the toughest time getting up in the morning. Probably why I should be asleep instead of writing on this blog, sigh.

Tonight we ate at "Chis" or known to others as "Chili's." We always eat there on a certain Monday night in September, when they donate all thier profits to St Jude Children's Research Hospital. Chili's was like a second home to me for so many years. It really feels good to be able to eat there and give back---without being on my feet all night long.

St. Jude is a really great organization, and I also frequent their website. They have a store where you can get great little gifts and the proceeds are for a good cause. There are also usually at an exceptional price! You can see more of that here.

The picture below is of Natalie Tanner. No, I've never met her. She is the September patient of the month. Her story is very enlightening, and as a parent, I could not imagine going through what they endured. It's because of St. Jude that her mommy is able to kiss and squeeze her more than she can handle! That's something worth investing in!

No comments: