December 22, 2010

It's getting hot in heerruh.

Yes literally. It's getting hot in my kitchen.

Who am I kidding? It is hot in my kitchen.

For those of you who know me...wait, who am I kidding again? It's not like people I don't know read my blog. Umm, save that for the Pioneer Woman, who by the way I am quite fascinated with lately. Probably only because I think my sister-in-law, Megan, is going to become the next Pioneer Woman with her blog. While she wasn't from black heels to tractor wheels, she has quite a story to tell. Ok, back to my story.

My kitchen is very hot. For those of you who know me, you know I don't really enjoy cooking. And maybe it's not even that I don't enjoy it, but I have a husband who is FANTASTIC at it....and he DOES enjoy it. Yes ladies, I said it.

So this Christmas, I am very very excited about a particular gift I am giving. No, it's not Brynlee's Bitty Baby doll, her brown boots, or even her Rapunzel tower. (if you tell her any of that you are in big trouble mister!) And it's not Steven's...click here to see what he's getting this year! And you would think this gift was the one that saved me from having to make a trip to the mall and allowed me to spend a mere 8.6 seconds purchasing it off amazon.com...but no, that wasn't the case either.

That brings me to why I am cooking. My Papa lives alone now that my Nana is in a nursing home. He is so so good to her and makes several trips a day to the nursing home to see her, checking that everything is in order--her clothes are pressed, purse is with her, and she gets wheeled down to dinner on time. His role has changed, and he now cares for her. He is really such a neat man. If you googled his name, you would find out so much about him. (It's funny if you told him that though; he wouldn't even know what google was.) They live in College Station , and there is no family there to care for him. He often times eats dinner quickly and cheaply, which usually translates to this, and let's just agree that's probably not the best for an 86 year old man...or anyone for that matter.


So that is going to change, at least for the next month or so. Papa Bill is getting 30 homemade dinners in freezeable containers to take home. All in a cooler with a big red bow! And as simple and odd as a gift this sounds, I think it is the one I am the most excited to give.

And since you are oh so curious, Papa Bill will be spending the next month eating:
*Fiesta Soup*
*Spaghetti with Meatsauce*
*Verde Chicken Enchiladas*
*Chicken and Broccoli Fettuccine*
*Turkey Chili*



So, I'm curious. What's your favorite gift to GIVE this year?


2 comments:

Rachel and Matt said...

This is such a great idea! I love it.

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet Natalie! Papa Bill is gonna love it.