December 8, 2008

Shhh! Don't tell Brynlee...

So, I find myself sitting at my desk needing to get a million things done...one of which is lease A LOT of apartments between now and Wednesday night. Why? Because on Thursday, in the wee hours of the morning (ok, not really at like 6 am,) Steven and I will be boarding a plane for Playa del Carmen! I'm so excited that it is making it really hard to work today. I need to get over it and get my head back in the game.


So I did some Christmas shopping this weekend. As I was checking out at Target, I thought to myself how it looks like I have 2 children. Anyone looking at my purchases would have no idea that I only have one child. Why? You can take one guess.


Here's a look at what I bought:





Yes, she L.O.V.E.S. Thomas the Tank Engine. He (and all his friends) are her favorite toys! But at the same time, she is starting to show an interest in Princesses, so I thought I'd run with it!


But the most exciting is her Santa gift! Let me preface this with a warning. If you think Santa is coming down your chimney on Christmas night then don't read any further. Now that that is out of the way, non believers--keep reading. She has been wanting a tricycle from Santa. Everytime she sees him, she reminds him that she wants a pink tricycle. Well, Steven and I did a quick google search a few weeks ago for "pink tricycle." Holy Crap! I had no idea tricycles cost so much. So then I did a "red tricycle" search and ah-ha! It's the pink ones that are so dang expensive. So in the following days, we tried to convince Brynlee how cool red tricycles are. This is how well that went:


Steven: Do you want Santa to bring you a pink (in a low, flat, monotone sort of way) or a RED (said in an exciting, varied inflection sort of way) tricycle?


Brynlee: Pink (as she walked away to play)

So pink it is. Steven says we are spoiling her and she would love a red one the same. I say no way...and think back to the Barbie house that I wanted when I was younger. (Mom, don't be sad...I do love the doll house I got instead! ;)

Here's a sneak peek at what Brynlee will see on Christmas morning, but if you run into her before then, keep it a secret!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I love the pink tricycle! She is going to LOVE it!